As a (Senior) Java Developer based in Hamburg, you will be part of a tight-knit Scrum team working on a microservice-based architecture for our new e-commerce platform. You will be required to utilise your deep knowledge of software architecture to develop innovative approaches to complex design challenges.
You will be responsible for programming modules in Java, implementing features, testing and bug fixing. It is essential that you communicate design rationales and build consensus around these decisions.
In addition you will be responsible for ensuring our software is delivered on time and meets our expected standards; primarily: optimal performance, scalability, modularity and high security are paramount to our goals.
- Several years of work experience in Java programming and software architecture
- Have a great understanding of Dependency Injection and experience working with frameworks such as Spring or Google Guice
- Good knowledge of service based architecture and web services such as REST
- High level knowledge of MySQL or other databases (SQL or NoSQL) is essential.
- Passionate about your work, constantly open to better yourself and learn new technologies
- You have excellent English writing and speaking proficiency
Desirable skills that will really impress us
- You have worked in Test-Driven Development environment
- Familiar with continuous integration (e.g. Jenkins, CircleCI)
- Familiarity with Git
- Basic knowledge of Linux
- What we are offering you
- Computer of your choice (Mac, Linux, Windows)
- Using the latest tech stack and industry tools
- Individual budget for barcamps, meetups, conferences and technical trainings
- Attending internal and external hackathons
- Assistance with relocation or visa issues
- Flexible working hours
- An international team
- Employer Pension Fund
- Regular team events
- Many other benefits such as lunch coupons, transport card allowance, contribution for private use of the internet, free fruit and drinks
How to apply
Is this the job you are looking for? Then apply via firstname.lastname@example.org .
In addition, we would like to get an impression of you in action, therefore please send us proof of work, such as a link to your live portfolio, GitHub, or StackOverflow.
If you have any questions, just send an email to email@example.com or call +49 40 350 188 0.
We look forward to getting to know you!
Über ePages GmbH
As one of the leading companies for online shop software, ePages is specialised in e-commerce solutions for small and medium-sized companies. Distributed by our partners such as 1&1, STRATO and Host Europe, currently more than 140,000 businesses run their shop with the ePages platform.