As our DevOps Engineer based in Hamburg, you will be part of a tight-knit Agile Scrum team, who is working on a microservice-based architecture for our new ePages e-commerce platform.
You will be responsible for the design and implementation of our applications’ build, release, deployment, and configuration activities, as well as helping to automate and streamlining our operations and processes. With your keenness in open source technologies and tools, you will also build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations, along with troubleshooting and resolving issues in our development, test and production environments.
You will create and optimize Dockerfiles and Kubernetes manifests for our GCE environments. For local development you will create docker-compose configurations to support our custom Java and Node.js application.
- Experience with automation/configuration management using Ansible, Puppet or Chef.
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services, preferably you have experience with GCE, Kubernetes and Docker.
- High level knowledge of MySQL or other databases (SQL or NoSQL) is essential.
- Experience working with asynchronous messaging (RabbitMQ or other AMQP broker).
- Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration.
- You have excellent English writing and speaking proficiency.
Desirable skills that will really impress us
- You have worked in a Test-Driven Development or Continuous Delivery environment.
- Familiar with continuous integration (e.g. Jenkins, CircleCI).
- Familiarity with log aggregation solutions (e.g. Kibana, Logstash, Fluentd, Graylog, Splunk).
- Familiarity with metrics and analytics gathering (e.g. Graphite, Grafana, Prometheus).
- Familiarity with Spring Cloud and Netflix OSS tools (e.g. Config Server, Sleuth, Zipkin, Hystrix, Zuul).
- Familiarity with Git.
What we are offering you
- Computer of your choice (Mac, Linux, Windows)
- Using the latest tech stack and industry tools
- Individual budget for barcamps, meetups, conferences and technical trainings
- Attending internal and external hackathons
- Assistance with relocation or visa issues
- Flexible working hours
- An international team
- Employer Pension Fund
- Regular team events
- Many other benefits such as lunch coupons, transport card allowance, contribution for private use of the internet, free fruit and drinks
How to apply
Is this the job you are looking for? Then just apply via firstname.lastname@example.org .
In addition, we would like to get an impression of you in action, therefore please send us proof of work, such as a link to some your projects, or better, open source work such as GitHub or Stackoverflow, etc.
If you have any questions, just send an email to our HR department via email@example.com or call +49 40 350 188 0.
We look forward to getting to know you!
Über ePages GmbH
As one of the leading companies for online shop software, ePages is specialised in ecommerce solutions for small and medium-sized companies. Distributed by our partners such as 1&1, STRATO and Host Europe, currently more than 140,000 businesses run their shop with the ePages platform.